Monday, May 4, 2009

Classmate's post

OK so I just had to comment on Andy's media blog South Park: Social Commentary at It's Finest.
I don't watch South Park and I don't really like it's taste, but the joke about the presidential election was kind of on point.
I agree with the emphasis on the public's reaction and the lingering attitudes of the people about the Apocalypse and all that with the McCain supporters. It is not that far of an exaggeration because alot of the conversations I had last year and still this year was certainly on that scheme.
On one side people were on Obama's campaign hardcore, especially on this campus. I saw the supporters of McCain were more so kind of anxious when they pretty much new the outcome of the election but what would happen to society afterwards was a fear to some. It was like as if people were ready to go and move into caves or lock themselves in a closet when Obama won..
I remember reading a facebook group, "If Obama is president I'm moving to Canada".

No comments:

Post a Comment